Here are a few tips on how to keep calm and stay in control:
1. Offer help to others – this will help you keep your disease in perspective
2. Find the “silver-lining,” in every situation – there is always something positive to gain
3. Respect and accept that you can’t control everything – the sooner you realize this, the better!
4. Don’t be a victim, be a contender!
5. Be proud of yourself – every day is a step in the right direction
6. Learn about your disease – knowledge is power
7. Be self-determined – you are the master of your fate
8. Speak up for yourself – being heard builds affirmation
9. Consider how your disease will help you grow as an individual
10. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and support!
You are not in this alone and there are many patients that are experiencing the struggles that you are going through. If you reach out to others through the IPPF you will find that you really are in control and together with other patients like you we have the power to overcome this disease.
Not sure how to connect with others? Just “Ask a Coach!” Remember, when you need us, we are in your corner!