• Take as early in the morning as possible so as to avoid sleep problems at night.
• Supplementing a healthy diet with calcium will help to keep bones healthy through a course of prednisone.
• Reducing salt intake can prevent side effects associated with fluid retention.
• Taking it with meals could prevent stomach upset.
If you find that you are too energetic, you could try to:
• Do some deep breathing, yoga or listen to meditative music.
• Avoid caffeine after 4:00 or 5:00 P.M. to help avoid sleeplessness.
• Weight bearing exercises will help keep bones strong. If too difficult, stretching exercises in a swimming pool is also good.
When you need us, we are in your corner.
Mei Ling Moore – Peer Health Coach