There are many ways you can give tax-deductibly to the International Pemphigus Pemphigoid Foundation. If you have any questions or would like to discuss donation options please contact us at (916) 922-1298 or [email protected]
Retirement Plan Gifts
Designating all or part of what remains of your retirement plan after your death can be a very tax-efficient way to make a gift to the IPPF. Since IRAs are usually funded with untaxed dollars, they are subject to income tax as well as estate tax. This double tax may leave heirs with as little as 30% of the plan’s value. The IPPF would receive all of it tax free. To make a gift from your IRA, simply request a form from your plan administrator and name the International Pemphigus Pemphigoid Foundation (EIN 94-3207871) as a beneficiary.
Life Insurance Gifts
Beneficiaries typically pay estate tax on insurance distributions. Qualified non-profit organizations never do. You can reduce your estate’s tax liability by designating all or part of the proceeds of your life insurance policy to the IPPF. To make a life insurance gift, simply request a form from your insurance company and name the International Pemphigus Pemphigoid Foundation (EIN 94-3207871 as a beneficiary.
We gladly accept gifts of publicly traded stock, publicly traded bonds, mutual funds, and certificates of deposit. The full fair market value is deductible as a charitable contribution up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. Plus, you can avoid capital gains taxes on the appreciated portion of your gift.
- To make a gift of securities fill out a “Partial Outbound Transfer” form at your brokerage instructing them to transfer the securities to the International Pemphigus Pemphigoid Foundation. The details you will need to put on the form are as follows:
- Receiving Firm Name: Merrill, Lynch, Pierce, Fenner and Smith Inc.
- DTC Number: 5198
- Receiving Account Title: International Pemphigus Pemphigoid Foundation (Please note that there is no “and” between Pemphigus Pemphigoid on our account name to match our legal name)
- Receiving Account Number: 5F4-61963
- After submitting your form, please call or email the IPPF so we can help track and acknowledge your donation.
Gifts of real estate such as a house or other personal residence, farm, commercial building, and undeveloped land that you have owned for more than a year entitle you to a tax deduction for the fair-market value of the property, while allowing you to avoid paying capital gains tax.
Corporate Matching Donations
You may be able to double or even triple the impact of your donation through a matching gift from your employer. Talk to your human resources department to find out if your company will match gifts made to the IPPF.
To donate your car, truck, RV, boat, motorcycle, or other vehicle to IPPF, please fill out the secure donation form here or call 877-537-5277. A representative will help you schedule a pick-up and will explain the tax benefits of your donation.