1. Have all your questions answered. Bring a checklist, and be ready to take notes
2. Schedule enough time & bring your prescriptions
3. Address priorities first & clarify concerns
4. Remember to say “Thank You”
5. Learn what tests are needed before the visit (if any)
6. Have copies of your medical records
7. Get a summary of your visit when you leave
8. Fill out medical release to get your records
9. Be patient
10. Be confident and share your knowledge
Sometimes it is valuable to gain a second, third, or even fourth opinion when seeking a treatment for pemphigus and pemphigoid. Additional opinions also provide an opportunity for you to learn more about your condition and it can offer some peace of mind that you are approaching your disease with the best chance for a favorable outcome.
Remember, if you have questions don’t be afraid to “Ask a Coach” because when you need us we are in your corner!