Great 2015 Gives Way to an Exciting 2016
NORD Leadership Award
The IPPF was recognized with the National Organization for Rare Disorders’ Abbey S. Meyers Leadership Award. This award, established in honor of NORD’s founding president, honors NORD Member Organizations for strong and effective leadership on behalf of its members.
Dental Student Education
Our Awareness Campaign’s Patient Educators presented to over 1,000 dental students! Approximately 70% of PV patients have oral involvement. By educating the next generation of dentists, the IPPF hopes to reduce the time to be properly diagnosed and begin treatment.
Local Support Groups
We added more local support groups to connect patients and caregiver with others who know, care, and understand. Boston, Los Angeles, South Florida, Houston, and New York are very active groups. Ask us about starting one in your area!
Challenge your friends and family during our Holiday Fundraiser and $100K Challenge Grant. Each person who makes a donation will receive a pair of our #healourskin sunglasses and all “new money” is eligible for matching by a generous community member. No matter what your P/P role is (patient, caregiver, physician, friend), we are all ultimately united through a common hope, an uncommon bond. Thank you for all you do in the P/P community!
From all of us here at the IPPF to our entire pem-family, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season.
- Post the entire Quarterly archive on our website
- Develop a patient and physician education portal
- Expand our patient and physician downloadable resources
- Create educational videos from P/P experts
- Host our Patient Conference in Austin, TX, Sept 2-24, 2016
- Continue to advocate at the state and national level
- Improve our Patient Support offerings
- Offer more Patient Education Calls
- and much, much more!